A newbie question

Page 2 of 2
On 5/18/2012 3:02 PM, Steve wrote:

Steve, do you use the cores with Teflon seals? They cost a little more but I've never had them leak. I've seen so many AC/refrigeration techs ignore the darn things or even check whether or not the cores are tight. I like the home AC units that are manufactured with commercial type service valves because those don't leak unless the valve packing is loose. o_O
TDD

I prefer teflon, but pretty much have to buy what the supply house has in stock.

How much of a charge is in the unit and how much did you replace?