A/C working properly? Cost -> lower temp?

Page 5 of 14

It turns out that even though one of the meanings of meridian is noon, AM is ante meridiem, related to diem, the accusative case of day in Latin.

mm wrote:

Open newsgroup article, insert foot. My bad. :3 Funny, I was just discussing Latin nouns in accusative case in another newsgroup earlier today.
--
Postulate a group whose intent is to destroy the United States from within
via anarchy and bankruptcy. The actions of the United States Congress are

I would put the actions of the current white house WAY ahead of congress in this worry.
Bob
Bob F wrote:

clifto wrote:

carie snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

And you are wrong about the use of 12:00 PM to universally mean Noon.

I didn't say universally, I said about 99.8% of the time.
carie snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

of 1500 back 47 years ago before score inflation made scores like the one you boasted about meaningless) living in the real world understand 12:00 PM to mean Noon 99.8 % of the time.
But with all your great knowledge and demonstrable interpersonal skills, have you gotten your AC working yet?
Yeah, I didn't think so.

?? You previously stated "And you are wrong about the use of 12:00 PM to universally mean Noon." And now you say "Real people living in the real world understand 12:00 PM to mean Noon 99.8 % of the time." The second quote is a rephrasing of what I said, which was a reply to your first quote.
Regarding SAT scores, I read they correlated about as well to IQ (pre-1995 SAT) as different types of IQ tests correlate to each other. I mentioned the SAT because a lot of people don't know their IQ.
I never boasted about my SAT score, and I never said what it was. I only implied it would be higher than that, and the motivation wasn't boasting, it was about compatibility.
carie snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:
SNIP HAPPENS

Umm humm, yeah, right.
You're about as compatable as a scorpion.
And have he interpersonal and problem solving skills of one as well.
Getting warm there tis afternoon?

You SNIPPED the ?? ...
On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 13:27:40 -0700, jJim McLaughlin

You mean emotion vs logic?
OP - do you have a window open??!
-- Oren

So they both mean the same thing! Wow, I thought I had this worked out when I was 45 y.o. Now I have to start all over. Maybe NASA could come up with a numeric term for noon, or I'll have to start usilng a 24-hour clock.

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.

A $320 electric bill, ya think????

for 2400sqft with the t-stat set at 76F and outside temps running mid 90s with humidity at 60 - 90%, my electric bill was only $136

Hire a *competent*, licensed, bonded, insured, professionally trained HVAC technician, instead of depending on some flunkie handiman that couldn't make it doing anything else.

Cheapest POS there is

$75 - $150

All depends on how many kw of heat strips are firing up along with the A/C...

Its only a 2 ton and probably has a 5KW strip in it..... a losing proposition if they are on at the same time

We'd put proly a min 15 on those here.
Actually maybe good fodder for a survey....
Lessee...
Here, we got's us yup a 5 ton trane heat pump lennox ahu having uhmm 90.1 amps @ 208

What specifically do I ask him tomorrow? (Types of HVAC certifications?) He is being sent by the landlord, which I don't pay for.