Aprilaire Model 400 Humidifier?

Anyone have an experience with this unit.

It evaporates all the water that gets into it. Says there's no standing water.

Be neat if it really works, cause I really don't like how much water ends up going thru my flow-thru unit.

Thanks for any info

Terri

Reply to
Terri Smith

Hi, I have installed 600 model about 3 years ago. Working fine. I have two pads one in use and cleaned spare one on hand always. That's it.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

responding to

rpban wrote: The Aprilaire 400 unit is Aprilaire's answer to a whole house humidifier when there is no drain avaialbe.

Aprilaire's drain through units are designed to flush away most of the lime deposits from the evaporated water so it is a \"self cleaning\" feature so to say. The amount of water going to the unit will vary depending on the unit either 3 gallons per hour or at most 6 gallons per hour and that is if the humidifier is running 100% of the time. Typically the humidifier will run about half that so at most 1.5 to 3 gallons per hour could be consumed by the humdifier.

You can check the water flow by timing how long it takes to fill a quart jar at the drain. If the water feed is 3 gallons per hour it will take about 5 minutes, if 6 gallons per hour it will take 2.5 minutes. Make sure the unit is running about a minute or two before you time the quart jar fill.

The Aprilaire 400 is a good unit but does require changing the water panel mid season versus the drain through units only need to change the panel at the beginning of the season.

Good luck

Brad Nielsen

Terri Smith wrote:

Reply to