74db vs. 70db

Hi, Looking at some ODU, between 74 and 70db, would it make a noticeable difference? I don't want to annoy my neighbor with too much noise. I am comparing Carrier Comfort and Performance series units.

One is a little more then half as loud as the other.
-zero

other - or - one is a little more than twice as loud as the other. As for annoying the neighbors, i'd think that they'd rather listen to the condenser, while you have your windows closed, rather than listening to you bitch about the heat with your windows open. After all, if' it's loud enough, maybe they'll have to get their own, so you don't have to listen to them bitch about the heat and the noise.
Tony Hwang wrote:

You'd rather annoy us.