Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

404a beeper
Spent an hour or so trying to find the leak on a freezer which takes 404a. I beeped every fitting, and then up and down the evaporator and condensor. No indications at all, of a leak. Today just for...
5
5

The use of JET A for Fuel Oil Furnance?
------------------------------------- I know this sounds wierd but I'm a helo Mech. and get fuel sample every day and have a 55 gal drum full about every year. Jet A is the same as disel fuel just...
2
2

Long Island - Central A/C vs Air Heat Pump vs Ground
My central AC broke. Every contractor that comes over has a different solution. Solutions include - 1) Lenox central AC system 2) Lenox heat pump 3) Fuji duckless heat pump 4) Geothermal system Some...
4
4

How to locate ceiling heat elements?
Hello, I have the need to drill a number of holes in a residential ceiling with ceiling heat (house built in early 70's in Oregon). As I obviously do not want to drill into any of the elements, I...
5
5

Please comment on these 2 house furnaces.
Hi, I am in the market for a new house furnace. I have had a number of quotes and narrowed it down to two quotes. There are pros and cons for both quotes so I am looking for some advice. Quote 1: York...
14
14

Cooling Tower Information Source
Many cooling tower questions can be answered by going to Chapter 17 is especially helpful to system designers. Tower types, piping recommendations, water treatment, etc are all addressed.

mini-split heat pumps
Manufacturers use different size to avoid cross contamination of refrig oils and higher pressures with 410.
6
6

Still interested in purely-radiant cooling.
Hi: Please don't get upset at me. I posted something similar recently but it didn't describe it properly. I thinking of a cooling mechanism for houses and building in which the cooling -- in...
18
18

GeoThermal unit in Ohio?
Looking into Geothermal units for my home in Ohio. House has an open floorplan with high cathedral ceilings (20ft) in lower story. About 2700 sqare feet. I currently have a propane furnace and water...
1
1

Efficiancy
Cecil C Finley Jr ------------------------------------- I've had a tech check the charge on my ac earlier this year and he says its good, But now the temps in the 90's, I/ve noticed that the...
2
2

Daikin VRV-S system
I have a condominium home in Manhattan (one very large living room and 3 small-medium-sized bedrooms) and after a couple high quotes for a ductless split system, one company gave me a comparatively...
2
2

Leak or no leak?
The annual cleaning is an excellent idea. Freon doesn't just disappear. if there is less in the system, there is a leak. Problem is, some leaks are hard to find, expensive to repair, and just...
15
15

Asbestos and the U. S. House of Representatives Bill
Since you are in the HVAC field, I want to make you aware of a bill in the U.S. House of Representatives to ban asbestos (it is already banned in 40 countries) and to provide funding for medical...
6
6

Condensate leakage
The evaporator coil for my daughter's central air conditioning is leaking condensate on the basement floor. The drain line is unobstructed and also flowing some water. This is a Carrier unit and...
18
18

how to flush out the water in the refrigeration system
------------------------------------- pls tell me how to flush out the water in the refrigeration system ? ##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via Construction and...
3
3