Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Low price remote wireless thermometer
Indoor temperature range: -20 to +60=B0C Remote temperature range: -40 to +65=B0C Temperature accuracy: +/-1.0=B0C Power requirements (receiver): 2 x AAA alkaline batteries (not included) Power...

How can inverter be more efficient?
Hi, I fail to see how inverter heat-pumps can be more efficient than fixed- speed ones. I guess this boils down to another question: a heat-pump probably has a speed where its efficiency is maximum....
6
6

What Drives Refrigerant Pricing?
About 30 years ago one could purchase R12 refrigerant for the amazingly low price of a dollar a pound (before the 12 oz. container days). I'd seen those twelve ounce cans available for as little...
2
2

This trane was stopped
The unit I fixed yesterday was a Trane.
3
3

These are a few of my favorite things.....
I'm going to be in heaven on Earth, today. Going to clean a condensor. Got the call yesterday, fellow was out of town for a few days, came home to find his central AC not running. Some trouble...
6
6

Electric Thermal Storage (ETS) Heat
I'm replacing a 30-year old natural gas furnace and air conditioner this fall. Does anyone have any experience with the Steffes ETS product line? It looks like I can replace my current system with...
11
11

ac lines in attic not insulated ?
This is in Arizona. The other day I was in my attic to lay some cat5 and noticed the ac lines in the attic running from the outside unit to the indoor part do not have any insulation on it. The line...
10
10

Has Tranes quality , overall, diminished ??
Is it really that difficult to stop a Trane , like they say ?? >>>> Even a Trane come come from the factory as a P.O.S. these days. Just goes to show you that quality has diminished in pretty much ALL...
2
2

Best replacement for R12
There are a few older vehicles on the road running with R12. R134 is'nt a great replacement, but are there any superior to R401a (dupont MP39) for performance and changeover ease? I assume...
11
11

Rheem Prices
Hello, Im curious what the whsle. cost difference is between a 4t/ 13seer/ R-410A and a 3.5t unit? I was told by my HVAC guy it's $200.00 Thanks for the info folks. -Sam
2
2

Energy Calculation- Tampa area
Looking for a licensed HVAC contractor to perform an Energy Calculation on my home. I'm adding an addition and the City of Tampa requires that I have one before they will accept my plans. The...
13
13

Salvage or Save old RHEEM Combo unit
------------------------------------- The house I bought 2yrs ago came with a Rheem gas heat/ac combo unit sitting uninstalled on a concrete pad behind a detached shop. The previous owner worked for a...
1
1

Jedi Powers
Working at a local (to me) small restaurant. The owner has a couple coolers, with compressors a couple rooms away from the coolers. The pie case is out of liquid in the sight glass, the walk in cooler...
16
16

Hot water with de-superheater
I am wondering how much hot water a geothermal heat pump with de- superheater would provide. Could it provide all the hot water for a couple, year round? What additional information should I provide?...
3
3

Puron and Freon - Just Scams?
Hello all, I came across this article in the web where it is claimed that puron and freon type of gases are not more destructive to the ozone layer than laundry bleach and pool chlorine. What do you...
10
10