Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

hdd and energy use question
Hi Is there a formula, graph or rule of thumb to estimate the extra energy requires to heat a house with an increase in hdd?...ie if it takes 1 mil BTU's to heat my house during a month with 500...
4
4

Winter is here
Ten inches of heavy snow, in my part of NYS. I went out today, to go to the bank and view the damage. Amazing, the plows were not able to keep up, and people were stuck in snow. Pushing cars. Vehicles...
9
9

More Payne Heatpump Fun!
Another update just for fun. See my icicle heat pump, don't you wish you had a brand new unit like me! What a great investment. You gotta laugh, but I'm crying. RSC
5
5

Air filter replacement media
I have a Cimatec Airscreen Model 1000. I called the 800# and the company has been bought out by a company InnerEco .inc. They no longer sell Replacement media pads but synthetic ones and only for some...
5
5

Rheem Heat Pump
I had a new Rheem heat pump system with the variable-speed air handler installed 2 years ago. 14 SEER. The thing works great in the summer and winter as long as the temperature stays above freezing....
4
4

second opinion on my chimney
I bought a 1925 built house last year. When we got it we had a chimney guy come out and fix the top and check it. He re built the top of the chimney and said we are good to go. I asked about it being...
5
5

Dead Web Site
Does anyone know what happened to Seems that the last post there was in November and any attempt to contact the webmaster via email ends up in a bounced email message.
1
1

toyota vs GM wage
Looks like Toyota assy is a high pay and pork full, They just don't have the legacy costs yet. When they do, poof they be gone. $25 to start for putting rear view mirrors. If you look at the you...
3
3

Heat Pump Fan: On all the time or just with compressor
Are there any disadvantages to leaving the heat pump fan on all the time? Sometimes, it get cold in this area...in the teens. Which setting do most of you prefer?
3
3

tube and fin
Do they use solder in the construction of the tube and fin heat exchangers on small residential window air conditioning units?
1
1

O T UNION BUSTING
Steve you act like the auto worker sees 75 an hour. They do not make that much. They make 26 something for the old guys and new hires get 14 something. It may cost 75 an hour but that include jets and...
3
3

Ray Pak boiler - Hi Delta H9-1262 long w/attachment (sue me) :) - Ladder Diagrams1.pdf (0/1)
That would make it King Dickhead.
9
9

Wireless Thermostat to Control Individual Vents
Does anyone make an electrically activated room vent and matching thermostat that is wireless? We have two small rooms in a facility that were balanced, but the occupants of each room have...
7
7

Bryant unit heater
I have an older Bryant 75 K BTU unit heater installed in a new shop...gas does not flow through the 25 volt valve. The oil-bath solenoid opens the secondary pilot when energized, but does not open the...
4
4

AC running constantly during cool nights
During cool summer nights, I open the windows to take advantage of the (FREE!!!) cooling. At least two of my neighbors have their house sealed up, and their air conditioners seem to run forever. Can...
8
8