Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

80/20
Im close to absolute certainty that in 19 more days we will be at the end of an error. :)
2
2

happy new years
May everyone have a happy and healthy new year. Whether I like you or not. :)

Insulating exterior ducting
Solar panel hookup. 36" runs of 4" dryer duct, outdoors, south side of building. Need cheap, durable, not necessarily beautiful method and materials for wrapping pipes.

New Ruud heat pump question/possible problem
At around 38 and below degrees, the outside unit will heavily frost up or ice up and run continually like that for an extended period of time. Say around 1 or 2 hours before defrost mode kicks in. Its...
1
1

Supply weak
Bought a house last June, a two-story brick colonial with a gas furnace and AC. The supply in the master bedroom on the second floor is really weak. Had a guy come out from a furnace/AC place I've...
10
10

contractor licensing
how many states like SD, NY and some others have no hvac license requirements. That explains a lot. http://www.nationalcontractors.com/licensing/
9
9

Lennox Furnace drain issue
Hi, I purchased a new high effiency Lennox G61V furnace a year ago, and have had problems ever since. After numerous visits from the installer, we've finally determined that water from the cold...
70
70

converting American Standard T-841 1316 heat pump T-Stat to Carrier branded T841A 1547 thermostat wiring
I have a Honeywell T-841A 1316 2-stage, non-programmable t-stat that went bad. I bought a Carrier branded T-841A 1547 t-stat thinking that it was the same thing I had but only with the Carrier name on...
1
1

Heater controller making it cold in here?
----- I have a gas furnace, comfortmaker RPJ2 and suspect that it needs a new controller general 90 50A50-110 replacement number is 50A55-843 symptom: The igniter works and burns bright, but...
17
17

Rheem Heat Pump blowing Reversing Solenoid
I have a 12yo Rheem Heat Pump that the HVAC tech can't figure why it is shorting out the reversing valve solenoid. It has been replaced twice and is out again. The tech is saying that he can't...
12
12

Honeywell Q340A 30mV thermocouples
What's their usual lifetime in a furnace? Darn thing chooses Christmas morning to die on me. They never seem to last more than 3 years and this is with the pilot adjusted to minimum.
45
45

Heat Pump + Aux Heat Problem - Can You Help?
Hello. I have a relatively new house (2.5 years) that has an American Standard Heat Pump (2a6b3018-060a1000a). It also has some form of American Standard aux heater (bayhtr???) in the air handler....
28
28

Lennox circuit boards
Lennox circuit boards bad..." "Goodman cheap". Signed: "Homemoaner" (Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death) olddog
6
6

Comments welcomed:
Heating/AC 3 ton 14/15 SEER, 12 EISR Goodman vs. Lennox vs. Rheem Bid Installed (Easy in and out): Goodman (14 Seer): $3682 Lennox (14 Seer): $4485 Rheem (15 Seer): $4634 Natural Gas 1711 sq ft house...
15
15

Goodman air with heat package.
------------------------------------- I live in Florida and have just installed a 5 ton Goodman air unit with 10 kW heat strip. It is controlled by a Honeywell TH3000, digital, non programmable...