Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Highest efficiency furnace-for the history buffs out there
Hello group, Just curious, who has manufactured the residential furnace with the highest efficiency, to date, in North America? Two points for the correct answer, opinions and or facts welcome....
11
11

How is this thing SUPPOSED to work?
I have a 7 year old Goodman 3 1/2 ton "split system" heat pump; the compressor is about 40 feet from the air handler. The heat occasionally blows hot (120 degree) air for a few minutes, but then blows...
6
6

Carrier AC/Heatpump shorting out
We have a Carrier AC/Heat pump. We have been having a problem with the 5amp fuse that is located on the inside unit. When the heat or ac tries to engage it blows the fuse. We have checked the board...
21
21

Faculty Position - Architectural Engineering - Drexel University
Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty Position at Drexel University The Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering invites applications for a tenure track position in the area of...

Biocide 4-stage air purification system
I will appreciate receiving opinions from anybody experienced with the Biocide 4-Stage air purification system. Thanks. Ed
1
1

Weil-McLain on last legs...keep replacing parts or whole new system?
Hello, Need some advice. Purchase a 1250 sq ft condo in July. It has a Weil- McLain AHE boiler Series 4 that was installed in 1994 that provides baseboard hot water heat and assists a hot water...
4
4

Fitting round duct together
Thank you, cavedweller. My tirade was directed at my friend , "hvac"- a shame he's got that particular handle, IMO. Also a shame your forum is infected by such vermin... Regards, Jasper
7
7

Air Conditioning with Heat Pump - AC Overstock
AC Overstock sells Goodman, Ruud and Carrier online! Seems like this company finally got some products going. Any installers deal with them?They have a USA installer database they are asking me to...

Air enthalpy pressure charts.
Hello, Has anyone any link to a chart or calculation of enthalpy against temperature at various pressures? I have found the following link but it is for steam: calulates what I want but for steam....

Sequencer Relays
Hi all, I have a heat pump with electric heat backup elements in my blower unit. There are 3 elements in this 15KW unit. Each one has a sequencer relay. Can sometime describe the function of the...
3
3

Homemoaner and the cost of freon
I was talking with a mechanical engineer from Airco about the time Christian Brothers charged me $375 for 4.5 lbs of Freon. The guy from Airco said that HVAC service companies tell the techs to find a...
160
160

"central environment systems" oil furnace chamber
I have a Central Environment Systems hot air oil furnace in which the chamber material inside the heat exchanger has crumbled. I would like to replace the chamber. Does anyone know where i can get...
4
4

Replacing oil pump nozzle
K Boykin ------------------------------------- I need to replace the nozzle on my SUNTEC P4-91R oil pump. I am fairly certain that it is clogged. Oil was delivered to a tank that hasn't been used...
6
6

Noisy Amana Air Command 90 furnace
I have an Amana Air Command 90 furnace, about 13 years old. ModelGUC/GUX (UPFLOW). There is a very loud buzzing or vibration soundcoming from (I believe) the vent blower motor, possibly from the...
6
6

heat pump with gas furnace question
Ok. I've got a York Affinity series heat pump (2 stage) with a York NG furnace as a backup. Here's the question: Should it , or should it not 'automatically' go on to the gas furnace...
9
9