Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ceiling register with pull chain?
I have a forced air system. At night I would like to be able to stop or reduce the heat pouring in to certain rooms. Our current ceiling registers can only be dampened with a screwdriver (what a dumb...
24
24

question about open garage doors and heat loss
Help me, O'bewon, you're my only hope. I'm just a reasonably competent bystander, hence my call out to the experts. The situation I'm facing is that my apartment complex has an...
6
6

Just when you think you've seen it all...
Ran across a 20 ton Byrant LP RTU today that is data tagged at 3.2" wc on the manifold and verified by the manufacture as such. That's a first for me. Every other piece of LP equipment I've...
11
11

Igniter Life
Don't want any help or advice. Just would like an opinion or two based on your field experience relative to the following; Got 3 yr. old Gas fired Trane with a Western Digital board and a WD...
24
24

Refrigeration Charging Manifold - ID Help
I have a brass 2-valve refrigeration charging manifold I'd like to put up for sale on craigslist. I bought it in the late 70's or early 80's and have lost track of the manufacturer. The...
3
3

PM Refrigeration Tool
Paul, how is your PM Ref Tool selling? I tried it back when it was still pretty beta in early development and it crashed each time I tried to go for SI units. I'm keen to load the latest demo - is...

Furnace Filter Szie
I had my HVAC contractor install a Trion Air Bear filter in my existing system last spring. They said it was less restrictive than the pair of 16x20x1's previously installed and that I...
7
7

OT Right To Work
It's about time. Unionization by it's nature is a Democratic process. The only democratic process in the workplace.
19
19

2 ton amana split system
hello all i have a 2 ton split system this summer that continuesly ran it froze up on the condensor and evaporator, then just recently had to replace 24v transformer and capacitor and contacts last...
7
7

blower motor running backwards
I had to replace my blower motor in my comfortmaker electric furnace. Now my blower is running backards. Help! ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------##...
11
11

Carrier Gas Furnace. Comfort 80 AC Overstock
Nice yourtube Video. :)
1
1

Carrier Furnace
like a great price! Looking around and cant find anything close to it. Apparently warranty is no problem if qualified tech installs. Sounds good! Jonas
5
5

Envision Water Furnace ?
ser.080901867 Keeps tripping on Water Flow, turn off the breakers and turn them back on and its fine for about 24 hours. Anyone know whats wrong? Thanks -------------------------------------...
7
7

Dehydrating Heavily Water Laden Systems
Yup yup except I use a micron gauge to gauge the evacuation time. Five gallons of used vaccum pump oil and a micron gauge reading of 25000. :) Marc I had a chiller barrel leak and it took me damn near...
11
11

outside temp reading jumpy
I have a Lennox heat pump with the outdoor temp probe. It sometimes changes 5-10 degrees within a few minute period. I've replaced the telephone style connectors with wire nuts and had the service...
5
5