Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

scroll compressor
The service guy replaced my start capacitor on my 31/2 ton heat pump. I noticed 2 days after he did that the new outside fan would quit after about 20min of running but the scroll compressor would...
12
12

LOL
105 more shopping days untill hurricane season :-)
1
1

9,600,000,000 BTU?
Listened to a engineering sales presentation today for a chilled-water plant for some hospitals in Houston. Is 9,600,000,000 BTUs a lot?
1
1

Trickle-down.
I seriously don't understand the difference between Obama's solution and Ronald Reagan's solution. Ronald Reagan was hammered hard for years for his "trickle-down economics", but yet...

Indoor Air Quality.
I was getting some prices today from Johnstone and a couple of others for Ultraviolet Duct systems. Johnstone tells me they have only sold about 6 all year. A couple of years ago, they were all the...
3
3

Should I pay for time spent getting a tool?
Hi all: I'm a homeowner with a quesiton about a recent service visit. If this is the wrong forum, I apologize in advance. I recently installed a 1-ton Sanyo mini-split unit in a new bonus room...
14
14

Question on Home Warranty Companies
Question on Home Warranty Companies ************************************************ for SF, Bay Area, California home Are there are such companies that cover : - home alarm systems and / or - garden...
1
1

Airwell heat pump air to water SLH 552 LN
Hello! Does anyone has tech. specs or documentation for the Airwell heat pump SLH 552 LN? Thanks a lot! Regards

What causes this racket?
have a Goodman GSZ (installed Nov) that has started making the same noise during defrost. There is also a neighbor with a Frigidaire that makes a similar noise during defrost. He had an HVAC tech come...
9
9

Info needed on older Carrier 40AQ series
Hi I have a Carrier 40AQ02431CBU unit that I want to install. Does anyone have any information on this unit including a wiring diagram? I will be having a HVAC tech install it and having the wiring...
1
1

Door hinge
Hello everyone, I am looking for a door hinge for an HVAC central unit. I need to make the door to open easily both sides. So I put the hinges at both sides. If I want to open i.e. left I remove a...
2
2

Geothermal Installations During Hard Economic Times
Hello All, I have been reading a lot of posts regarding Geothermal on forums and receiving hundreds of calls from consumers and contractors so here it goes During these hard economic times. HVAC...
18
18

Magnehelic Gauge
I figure someone here would be able to explain how to use a Magnehelic Gauge as a Draft Gauge on a Cozy Dual Wall Furnace? What measurement should one see on a properly venting gravity furnace like...
13
13

lennox g43uf drain & failure issue
I have a 2 year old Lennox in a new house. This is our second winter. When the temp outside stays in the 20's, the heat fails. It also cause a spillage issue into the sheetrock. When I called the...
7
7

Rheem RPNE 036ja2 not starting again
Id be more concerned about seeing why your tech is just changing parts and guessing. Bubba
8
8