Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

oil tank fill whistle
had a new 275 gal oil tank installed. Oil company fills up but i ran out of oil in less than a week. Delivery man can not hear whistle and so he doesn't give enough oil fearing he will cause a flood....
2
2

Gas furnace burners not turning on
*HELP PLEASE! *I have old Bryant Gas Furnace Model # 397HAW036A..The system kicks on, pilot light starts clicking, but blowers do not ignite. If you hold switch near furnace panel down the blowers...
3
3

Humidifier stopped working, bad board?
My whole house powered humidifier stopped working last year. Finally decide d to do some troubleshooting and noticed that the 24 volt humidifier circui t is never getting triggered. Using a voltmeter...

Ecobee3 humidifier power internal or external which one is better?
Hi! Question for those who know. Is there a benefit of using an external 24VAC source to power the humidifier like - EAC/HUM output on the furnace board vs taking it from the T-STAT. My ecobee3 can be...
1
1

Fresh air intake wood pellet stove
Why is the fresh air intake pipe so wet?There is a lot of water dripping from it.

Heat pump and oil running at same time
I have Raheem hp with rheem oil furnace for emergency heat. The hp and furnace are running at same time. Hp comes on 4 minuets later oil comes on. Both are running at this time Stay says heat and aux...

Bryant Plus 90 Error Code 34
Code 34:Diagnosed--Replaced ignitor, sensor, and electrical board.!!Now....Turns on, fan runs, ignitor gets red, flame come on for about 3 seconds, flame shuts off....Code 34 again UGH. Please help.
1
1

R744 / CO2 refrigerant.
Hi, I have been reading for years about the advent of R744 as a refrigerant. I understand that Mercedes Benz and/or BMW have elected to use R744 in some i n-vehicle air conditioning systems. Aside...
1
1

carrier 3 wire pilot gas furnace random lockup, pls help
hope someone here could offer some hints what is next for me to try. Sorry for long description old Carrier gas 394GAZ048125AAEA, 3 -wire-igniter furnace (bi-metal flame s afety switch) . Several...

Heat Pump Aux Heat Indicator
I'd like to install an LED indicator lamp beside my heat pump thermostat to alert me when the resistance heat is on. Which terminals on the thermostat would I use to do this?

Installing a robertshaw retrofit kit
This is a day and night furnace with the 3 wire pilot and control board my question is about gas 1 gas 2 and gas3 wires in control board I know gas 1 it has 24 volts gas 2 is a common no sure about...
1
1

having a problem with hook up
I have a electric furnace in a place I'm buying Someone stole the blower mo tor and I've put 3 different motors in it and blow all 3 I ordered another 1 but don't want to blow it up to With winter on...

Help Identifying Unit
Ah, such irony.....
2
2

Central Cooling Question
Over the weekend I had a chance to tour a large central chiller plant at a university. They had several electrically driven chillers with centrifugal compressors. It was all very high tech with...
1
1

Is it legal to sell Freon 22 on Craigslist?
I'm in Oregon, USA. I have about 20# of Freon 22 that I've had for decades. Don't think I'll ever use it. I'm getting conflicting information on whether it's legal for me to sell it. It's probably...
2
2