Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Thermostat change - Wire Colors
Looking for assistance on replacing a thermostat. My current wiring is : G Y W R C(blue wire) The New Thermostat has: G Y W Rh Rc I connected the similar colors, R->Rh and C->Rc and heating worked but...
7
7

suspicious estimate
I'm replacing an aging and intermittently broken central AC in my house of about 2200 sq. ft. I'm getting lots of estimates. There was one contractor I felt pretty good about until he showed...
9
9

Watts Water Pressure Reducing Valve Question
Hello, This is a really weird one. Had a house inlet supply pressure reducing water valve put in by the town water Dept about a month ago. They used the typical Watts one, and all is fine. Body looks...
4
4

HVAC
DARRYL L PLANCK ------------------------------------- IS IT OK TO INSTALL A LOW CUT- OUT CONTROL ON A ROFFTOP UNIT TO OPPEN THE CONTACTOR COIL WHEN THE TEMP GO DOWN TO 50 DG DARRYL...
6
6

Solar Heat Gain
I am planning a move (hopeful my last) to retire, I think I'll be ok financially if I do as much of home improvements as possible myself, which after 30 years in front a computer, I'm looking...

Goodman Limit switch questions
So I come home today and crank up the thermostat a few degrees and get on with dinner prep. That's weird, it sure seems a bit chilly when I sit down to eat my dinner... Go over to the thermostat,...
7
7

Do NOT participate in the Recession.
1
1

Possible radio spot for HVAC outfits.
Who the hell died and left you boss? Bubba
5
5

Space Power
"Efficiency" is the useful enery over the consumed energy in actual practice, there is only one context for the energy used. Well, they use a different term for heat pumps for that reason, which...
22
22

Price of gas
With the pump price of gas down about two bucks a galon, why would anyone pay for gas in a green or purple container? Just fill a 5 gal gascan where you fill your van. Anytime a system needs gas, just...

Change Thermstat
Some friends, their house is cold. I've got an old thermostat from an oven. Would that work on thier furnace?

Ten Shears
I keep seeing these things called ten shears. I have never wanted to cut a ten dollar bill. What are they used for?
2
2

NG furnace on propane
I've got an old furnace that was made to use on natural gas. Couple friends of mine want to use it, but they have a propane system. Can I tape the smaller hose into the NG fitting, and maybe glue...
1
1

Absolutely Nothing:
Wow? no one here. Must be out spending those big Stimulus checks.
4
4

Oil Burner Nozzle size
I am working out the nozzle size required for a oil burner buring 35 sec oil. Boiler rating is input 18.4kw, output 16.6kw and is non condensing. 18.4kw input equates to 1.84 ltr of diesel (1l =...
3
3