Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Leak from suction line of my Heat pump
I have a water leak from the suction line right at the place where it gets into the air handler. There was a putty around the pipe from which the water is leaking. When I removed the putty which was...
18
18

How to respond to this particular resident
I have this guy in a 1552 sq ft mobile home, w/ a 3 ton unit...The A/C guy came and put freon in the unit and stated all is well.. 89 degree day, 69 coming out of registers. Will cycle off at 75...
14
14

VisionPro IAQ
Hi, What is the difference between these two versions of the Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostats? YTH9421C1002 & YTH9421C1004
6
6

Another day at the parts house
Stormin Mormon walked into the parts house. "You goddamn jeezy hack. Hope you got your magic underpants on." Chris recognized the voice. Of course, it could only be Steve from Carolina Breeze. Steve...
11
11

space heaters
It is important to carefully inspect your electric space heater on a regular basis. If you notice any problems you should turn it off and unplug it. If it is still under a warranty you can get it...
2
2

Payne 13 AC unit estimate
Hi, I have an estimate from a local company (they're fair and reputable based on past work they've done for me) to replace my current AC unit (inside and outside). They've offered several...
6
6

Tip: Working in hot attic
I've done that in a hot cellar, one time. Another fellow and I were installing central AC. Of course, it was killer hot. I think the other guy thought of it, to run the central AC for a few minutes,...
4
4

what is tonage on these units any one please
3 1/2 ton 3 ton
5
5

Trane heat pump with a bad sump heater
I have a Trane XL1400 3 ton heatpump. The breaker for the outdoor unit instantly trips and this is with the air conditioning thermostat set to off, so my problem lies on the line side of the...
15
15

Air Vent in Shower???
Renovating a home. I asked for air (heat and AC) to be added to the new bathroom. So, the vent ended up in the ceiling right over the tub/ shower. I'm not an expert, but it seems that blowing air...
3
3

AC wired with 2 120 Breakers
Our house was built in 1964 and we purchased in 1997. According to the plans it has had central AC since it was built. But while adding a dedicated circuit for a built in microwave I noticed that...
4
4

New Lennox AC system
Hi all, I am in the process of replacing a 20 year old Lennox pulse and 2 ton AC system. I require a downflow and Lennox makes a 3 stage one that will satisfy the Fed tax credit(G71). I have two...
3
3

HVAC Question - How much is enough?
We are looking to replace our 4 ton a/c unit in our house. Here are the stats on the house: 1. 2200 sq ft house 2. Three attics (front, back, middle) 3. Insulation = shredded newspaper treated with...
10
10

i need help understanding what is wrong with my refrigerator
the simple symptom is inadequate cooling. the details are: 1. the refrigerator is a 12 year old kenmore top freezer model with R134a system 2. just installed a new compressor and drier, my thanks to...
15
15

sure is quiet in here
Temps here around the century mark with heat index real close to the 'teens.... been like this for the last 2 weeks and the phone is only ringing from folks who have no cooling, and very few of...
46
46