$5,000 for installation of Trane 15i A/C? Reasonable?

Page 3 of 3
I'll have to check with my supplier... they had a 10% increase last month.

"James \\"Cubby\\" Culbertson" wrote:

its all politics. R22 is being artificially pushed higher to make R410A more attractive. Supply has very little to do with it, as major industrial players have extensive stockpiles. Increasingly, most all manufacturers are moving to all 410A in package 3 phase.
If R22 leaks out of my system, I merely add R22 gas. If R410A leaks out of Nooner's system, to do it right, he has to recover the remainder in his system and then recharge. I can buy alot of gas at his labor rates.
hey you guys hear about all the leaking 410A coils lately?
heard thru the grapevine important people are starting to take notice of the hundreds of 1000's of R22 commercial & resi units replaced every year but not corresponding R22 recovery.