404a beeper

Spent an hour or so trying to find the leak on a freezer which takes 404a. I beeped every fitting, and then up and down the evaporator and condensor. No indications at all, of a leak.

Today just for something to do, I tried the beeper (D-Tek, Tek Mate) on a jug of 404a. Loosen the cap, give a twist on the valve, and I can hear the gas hissing out. The beeper doesn't even whimper. Same on a jug of R-22 and the beeper reacts instantly. Back to my catalog, it says the Tek Mate detects CFC, HCFC, HFC, and blends.

What's going on? What to do about it?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Did you put the batteries in it when you bought it?

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Petre

Anybody want to claim the $10,000.00 dollar prize for turning this refrigerant venting moron in?

Reply to
What a maroon

Part of my post should give you a hint as to the answer to your question. Can you find it?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Anyone want to read the relevant section of the law, and determine that I'm acting legally?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You mean the delusional statement about a non existing instrument reacting? I again reiterate that you must put in delusional batteries for a delusional instrument to work delusionally proper. It can only find delusional leaks though. Reality requires actual problem solving.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Petre