404a beeper

Spent an hour or so trying to find the leak on a freezer which takes 404a. I beeped every fitting, and then up and down the evaporator and condensor. No indications at all, of a leak.
Today just for something to do, I tried the beeper (D-Tek, Tek Mate) on a jug of 404a. Loosen the cap, give a twist on the valve, and I can hear the gas hissing out. The beeper doesn't even whimper. Same on a jug of R-22 and the beeper reacts instantly. Back to my catalog, it says the Tek Mate detects CFC, HCFC, HFC, and blends.
What's going on? What to do about it?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Did you put the batteries in it when you bought it?

Part of my post should give you a hint as to the answer to your question. Can you find it?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You mean the delusional statement about a non existing instrument reacting? I again reiterate that you must put in delusional batteries for a delusional instrument to work delusionally proper. It can only find delusional leaks though. Reality requires actual problem solving.

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:49:02 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Anybody want to claim the $10,000.00 dollar prize for turning this refrigerant venting moron in?
Anyone want to read the relevant section of the law, and determine that I'm acting legally?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus