Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What is the highest ambient Temperature youve measured entering an air cooled condensor ?
I once measured 104 f. actual air temperature (in the shade) on a residental a/c unit ... but im sure much higher temps have been measured perhaps from nearby heat sources blowing directly on the...
10
10

Why its very important to let the superheated air out of your car before turning on the a/c. Health alert.
Got this health alert this morning via email. Just want to give a headsup to all --- CAR AIR-CONDITIONING - VERY IMPORTANT! My car book says to roll down the windows to let out all the hot air before...
10
10

Qualified AC Tech In NYC?
I have a brand new Friedrich window unit (SS12M10) with a noisy compressor. It vibrates and produces more noise than any Friedrich unit I've ever owned. Can't be right? These new premium 'Kühl' units...
29
29

Sun Shades for AC
Looks like some of your handywork.
10
10

Duct tape
i have been usin partially clear, silvered Mylar like tape. It seems to stick a lot better than aluminum tape. Practically as sticky as Tyvec tape. I guess it should last a pretty long time. Any other...
3
3

changing return air duct size?
Would like to field a duct size question. I am splitting up a ceiling return air box. The original was two 12" flex hoses jammed into one box. I took one out. Replace the one return vent and place it...
16
16

Roof kit
Damn dood, you should *KNOW* what you need to take up there with you....
16
16

R417a when in the presence of a flame; deadly ?
An open flame in the presence of R22 creates deadly phosgene gas . How about R417a which seems to be the favorite drop in replacement for R22 ?
8
8

An Actual Craig's List Ad
To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last. Date: 05-27-2010, 1:43 a.m. EST. I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I = hand over, shortly...
4
4

Smell only when using Cool setting?
Heil Dual Gas pack. Operates well. Heat is great and air has no noticeable odor. However, when switched to cool cycle and air conditioning turns on... it smells as though it is pulling air from under...
1
1

Mold
i have seen stuff to put in my car air conditioning to reduce mold and mildew. I am looking for something redly available and scentless. Any suggestions?? Greg
6
6

Price of freon
Maybe he cares about customers? Rare in the residential HVAC industry around here. gerry
3
3

Think YOUR job sucks ?
No it don't ....
1
1

Pressure in Boiler is steadily rising
That's nice. Now answer my question.
12
12

Classic movie dialog
key part comes in about 1:41. It's repeated like 10 times. Later on there's a visual demonstration. Who the hell came up with that dialog for a movie ?????