Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A question about oil burning furnaces
My wife has this in-floor oil furnace in an old house. It was old and had seen better days. When it was replaced, she was sold a new one with lots more BTU capacity than the old one, and told that...
3
3

Paranoia at its best:
We have upgraded that letter of warning and refusal to the power company and it no longer fits in the allotted space here. You can find that by going to: jerryday.com On that home page, scroll down,...

Oil Injector, which type? how do you use?
I want buy an oil/dye injector for automotive AC use. Seems there are two types. One you use in conjuction with a vacuum pump, the other seems to have its own type of pump, where you screw the handle...
5
5

Why England REALLY loves their new princess !
Bumped from the ZipWire for reasons I’m not sure — WM.

Need constructive critique on my idea for a solar hot water panel , please
Some background : I live alone and want to totally eliminate the need to run my 40 gallon electric water heater, and since i live in sunny Florida I believe I can do so given my low requirement for...
62
62

Of course:
New York Times July 4, 2011 In the 'Stroke Belt,' Erosion of Memory Is More Likely Too By PAM BELLUCK People in a large area of the American South have long been known to have more strokes and to be...
2
2

Newbie with Vacuum pump choices?
I want to get into the Car Air Conditioning business here in Spain, and I need help on equipment choice. My question is, although I do not intend to get into the domestic air conditioning business at...
4
4

Stormy's math test
3
3

heat pump prices
------------------------------------- sms9758 i am looking at a heat pump and prices quoted are 7000+ and then another 5000 for the lp gas backup. is this normal? Do I really need the backup gas in...
25
25

Thermostat for Visually Impaired?
Anyone have leads to a Heat/Cool Thermostat for visually impaired or blind folks? I am getting a few of my older clients that have these needs. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was...
10
10

How to Increase your Sales:
Kid from Wisconsin A young guy from Wisconsin moves to Texas and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job. The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?" The...

A/C compressor stopped running
Have a Trane central system installed in 88. Model T V030 A140A0 About a year ago the compressor stopped compressing. I replaced the old compressor capacitor and it ran fine until at some point today....
17
17

Leak
i epoxied a pipe on an auto condenser. Should that hold? I used jb fast and jb weld on a tiny slit. First cleaned it up real good, even tried to scrape it shut first. Greg
7
7

Window Unit Shot in the Dark
I've got a Frigidaire faa067p7a 6000 BTU, 10.7. Probably a zillion of them out there. If you can help me, fine, but I don't have high expectations. Probably got zapped though nothing else died. It'll...
14
14

A question about gas/liquid valves
I'm an electrical engineer and saw this show on PBS about how easy it was to install a mini split ductless AC system. I figured I could do it, and did it. Installed and working like a champ, but the...
37
37