Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT, In A Way
I did a lot of HVAC work with my friend GB and I was supposed to meet him today to go over a 7.5 ton compressor change out I did Friday and Saturday. GB died today, he was 71 and I got on to him all...
23
23

Advice on Mitsubishi 8 Zone
I am looking to replace a 3 story farm house (attic on 3rd flood never had air) and prefer not to have to change out all the ductwork which is 50 years old or more. Plus an 22x17 addition was added...
1
1

Mitsui AC unit possible miss match?
I have had installed 4 Mitsui AC units. The 2 x 12 units work fine cooling the rooms quickly but the 18 and the 24 are having issues and are currently being investigated. The 24 unit outside is MVE XO...
7
7

Some Numerical Converters You May Find Useful
I've posted a bunch of numerical converters such as lengths, weighs, areas, volumes (& liquid measures), even Roman numerals that you might find useful in HVAC, home repair, and so on. They're at Have...
1
1

Anyone looking for a GOOD COOK?
Meanwhile, in other news... #A former model who killed, cooked and ate her husband 20 years ago will #make a bid for freedom next week. # #Omaima Aree Nelson is slated to appear before a California...
2
2

Turtle:
I was cruising along in my 380 today and went to turn on to the Interstate On Ramp. Lo and be hold there is a Homeless guy with a 20 year bag and a sign ..That says Hungry and broke..Please Help. A...
2
2

Trying to decide: Gas or Geo in a weird home.
I would like to replace my ancient gas hot air furnace. The problem is that my home is weird. Originally it was a stone barn built in the 18th century (SE PA) and converted in 1949 by one guy, a...
14
14

Replace unit. What idiots.
Why not if Was billionaire I would have one for Monday one Tuesday one Wednesday Etc.
16
16

Minimizing Humidity in Storage Shed
I spent some time in the tropics and the darn windows in the huts on the Island of Pohnpei were nothing but screen wire so the sea breeze flowed through the dwelling. Question: At your location, is...
7
7

Multi-Room Climate Monitor
Oregon Scientific makes some smallish multi-room climate monitors that will monitor up to three locations using wireless sensors. Does anyone make a similar unit that will monitor up to six locations...
2
2

I thought it needed a shot of freeon!
You should have told him that battery needed charge
6
6

The Perfect Unionist At Work:
Troll Dream - Google Docs

Resetting a Carrier Infinity thermostat
okay, let me post this question AGAIN. Why does my thermostat require user configuration everytime there is a power outage? Btw, I would appreciate a real answer from someone familiar with this...
15
15

Wiring a Carrier Infinity thermostat
power outages cause the thermostat to require configuation...media type, humidifier type, etc. If this is not done, the hvac does not come on. It just waits for someone to configure the thermostat....
14
14

Best way to seal up 2 pvc pipes going thru an existing 8" dia. roof cap (??)
I have an existing 8" roof opening which the previous 65% gas furnace and water heater was vented thru . The last owner abandoned both and went with electric furnace and electric water heater...and...
9
9