Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Of small interest
I live in the tropics in Australia and down South in Oz it is winter, here what is called the dry season, which is the coolest part of the year, I have seen it drop as low as 9 c (48 f) a couple of...

Keeping workers comfortable
I'm wondering, there's got to be temporary, portable ways to keep workers alive in heat, or cold. We used to use portable infrared heater, during winter time. To keep houses warm, and also to keep the...
8
8

Ideal Delta T?
Hi, 100th year Stampede is in full swing this week with hot weather. Temperature is hovering around 30C which is too hot for our standard. For curiosity I took a Delta T reading which was ~18F. Is it...
10
10

home A/C and R-22 - cost per lb
About the price increase, see here: =================== February 15th, 2013 R-22 refrigerant (freon) price Increases in 2013 The price of R-22 refrigerant has skyrocketed in the last 6 months. Due to...
64
64

Sting Team exposes a/c Techs ripping off consumers .
dont cheat consumers . Be an honest a/c tech and feel good at the end of the day that you had integrity and honesty. It may be tempting, but in the long run its going to catch up with you .
95
95

Small Motel Cooling Tower?
Help me figure out something I saw when I was a kid. We moved and had to stay in a motel a few days awaiting delayed furniture to arrive. It was an old style single level, drive up to your room type...
13
13

Fujitsu Air Conditioners Promotion Product Registration
For more information on Fujitsu Ductless air conditioners go here: can register your Fujitsu Ductless AC Systems here: Fujitsu General - Portal Viewer

Sanyo Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioners?
Does anyone know where I can get info on Sango ductless mini splits or whether I can buy them online? The website I used to find them on no longer exists :(
12
12

Moving
Do we have any service Contractor from west coast here I maybe moving into Tracy area. Thanks

OUCH! 102°F In Birmingham Right Now
I was on a roof in Tupelo yesterday and a fellow told me it was 104-105°F in that city. I drank a gallon of Gatorade during that service call. o_O TDD
23
23

X13 type vs. variable speed ECM
Hi, Is there significant difference in reliability between two types?
16
16

Ping Steve, Energy Management Related
We wound up in Tupelo today for a service call on a Web connected energy management system made by GridPoint where all thermostats are replaced by control modules connected by Cat5 network cable back...
5
5

Central Air - Compressor Capacitor question
Hi: Our A/C stopped working the other day, I think we have a deeper problem with the control wiring or thermostat since I believe what caused this is the unit was running around the clock whether the...
7
7

Chest Freezer hot two sides only
I have a Frigidaire Chest Freezer that stopped cooling. It was low on Freon and Freon was installed. It now cools and is setting at -2.4* F. However, only the front and left end of the freezer...

Does my brother-in-law have a clue?
My brother-in-law has convinced my wife and son to turn off the air conditioner in the car before shutting down the engine. He says it will make the air conditioning compressor last longer. Any truth...
8
8