180 psi at suction line (3X higher then chart) - 4T Carrier heat pump

My old Carrier heat pump seems to be operating sub optimally.
- Suction Line - 180 psi - Liquid line - 200 psi - Temp of suction line at condenser unit - 180 degrees - Temp of liquid line at condenser unit - 70 degrees - Temp rise from cold air return to closest indoor register - 15 degrees. (it's been closer to 20 degrees in the past) - Outdoor ambient 50 degrees
The operational chart from Carrier suggests Liquid should be approx. 240 psi and Suction should be about 60 psi given these temps in heating mode..
What would cause my Suction pressure to be so high and yet the unit still produces about 15 degrees heat rise?
Could a leaky reversing valve or a low refrigerent level cause this??
I am not that familiar with heat pumps but will make this comments that it does not matter if is in cooling mode or in heat mode your suction should be within few PSI above freezing point regardless what type of refrigerant system may use look up pressure chart. naturally the head pressure will vary with different refrigerants same as suction check you diverting valve make sure is not bypassing or leaking through, valve you mention that is located between accumulator and compressor is possible to be hot gas bypass, but 40 psi do not make much sense
Good luck from Dido

Then shut up, you dope, and let someone answer who IS familiar with heat pumps.
--
Respectfully, Bob

Ever wonder why a heat pump has a defrost cycle Dido? Yes, that's correct, because in heat mode the condenser section can and often frosts up which impedes air flow across the coil. Whooda thunk that when you're pulling the heat from sub 50f. temps the coils might actually reach freezing temps.
To answer the OPs question, he needs the minimum 8 temperature and pressure readings to diagnose the refrigerant charge over the internet. Or just use the charging chart like everyone else does.

So my guess was close enough that it is hot gas bypass But? it should have been located before the accumulator and not after. Thank you for verifying Dido

Like Paul said, not even close. Residential equipment manufacturers don't use HGBP valves because there's no need for it. With your statement, I'm not quite sure you know what HGBPs function is. You should do some more research.

I haven't had that hot gas problem since I stopped eatin at Taco Bell

neither do I but I definitely have gave some to my friends PJ, RSC and some others Dido

I'm sure that you'd like to think that, but at least about myself, you're wrong. The Zoloft keeps me that way.

Because you don't have your gauge on the true suction line nitwit.