Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

carrier gas furnace 58DHC055-EC
It has a new circuit board and inducer motor. it operated fine after installing them for about six months. Now the blower motor and inducer motor runs but the flame does not turn on to heat up funace
1
1

Need CFM for Brundage Fan
My home furnace has a Fan with a sticker from Brundage, Kalamazoo, MI and a type-in (serial/part?) number 26-13391. I had died and we replaced the capacitor and it now works fine. But there are no...
9
9

Old Carrier Wall PAC (PTAC) 52xx series Parts source?
Hi, No heat. Suspect heating element is gone. Where to get parts? I understand this units are no longer made.

HE furnace piping question
I have a 2-stage 92% Trane condensing furnace. In my case the pipes goes horizontal about 15 ft and then through the wall to the outside. If you have to go through the roof then I would think that a...
7
7

New Heat Pump - York or Trane?
I'm looking for a little advice. I need to replace my HP and have two quotes so far. The unit will serve the 2nd floor and a small finished 3rd floor area, total size of about 1,900 square feet (300...

Thermostat Tweaking
Greetings, We recently purchased what is seeming to be a POS refrigerator. It's a Frigidaire model 1817LWE and every time we open the door it cycles on. Or shortly thereafter. And we don't leave the...
7
7

This is Just Weird - Lennox Gas Heater
I've looked for help on other posts, but haven't found anyone with the same symptoms. Hopefully someone can help me out. I'd appreciate it if you could. Anyway, I have a Lennox G51MP gas furnace...
5
5

comfortmaker RPJ II, ingiter not getting power/signal, WHY?
I have a comfortmaker rpj II that doesn't heat up, blower turns on runs and kick off. I tested for power there is no power or no signal being sent to the igniter. I replaced the igniter and the heat...
4
4

Asbestos or not asbestos?
How are you installers handling the old Residential Octopus furnace removals? I haven't had any of them in a few years and just simply scrapped them out. But now with the so-called asbestos...

Testo 552 micron gauge - You better look for something else.
I got a Testo 552 micron gauge at the same time I got the Bluvac, about which I posted not too long ago. Unlike the good experience with the Bluvac, the Testo experience has been frustrating. The...
2
2

Bluvac - AccuTools - Wow customer service
I recently bought a Bluvac vacuum gauge on eBay. It was listed as new. When I got the gauge, it did not look that new to me. If you hung it from the hook, the reading would jump to Hi-P. At low vacuum...

Is Heil any good?
2,500 sq. ft. residential application: My York system finally died. The contractor put together a quote for a Heil system (AC + heat). My old York was a real piece of junk. I don't want to make that...
1
1

Boiler Leaks Only After No Heat
Hi. I hope someone can give me a clue what might be going on. I have a new Burnham ES25 gas hot water boiler with indirect hot water. I have 3 zones for heat plus a 4th zone for indirect hot water....
2
2

My God it so so quite here
=20 =20 =20 Man all trade guys must be making lots money this year =20
5
5

HVAC training.
Hey, all. My brother is looking to get into HVAC in western NH (Keene). H e already has a class-A CDL with hazmat, and does propane deliveries, but i s getting tired of being laid off when it gets...
7
7