Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1979 Carrier oil furnace,
A few miscellaneious questions, if you can help me. The first are more important. At the end, it's just curiosity. If you answer any of them, it will help. If it matters, I live in Baltimore. How do I...
6
6

Furnace Limit sensor (Therm-o-disc type) question
My furnace has both the Fan Limit switch control where I set the pointers, and a secondary limit sensor which is the Therm-o-disc type. I recentle replaced the fan limit control because the fan ran...
5
5

Using air pressure switch to control gas valve in furnace
I have an old gas furnace (circa 1981) being controlled by an electronic thermostat. I've added a relay that is energized when the thermostat calls for heat. This relay is switching the fan contacts...
3
3

Advice for Quieter Furnace
This is a gas-fired, downflow forced-air furnace situation. House was built in 1957. Furnace is in a centrally located hall closet with louvered bi-fold doors. My issue is noise. The original Rheem,...
3
3

Advice on Honeywell thermostat
Oil fired hydronic 2 wire system. Pro or retail version? Does it matter in my circumstances? Is the outside sensor worth it? Early start? Remote set up?

Carrier Wall Pac Series 52S
Hi, Winter is nearing and I noticed heat is intermittent, any suggestion about fixing the problem very much appreciated. This is keeping our sun room warm for the plants. TIA,
8
8

Are high merv filters a waste of money?
I was recently shocked at replacement cost ofMERV 16 filters for my new Len nox system. Are high merv filters worth it? What we really need to know is what is the difference in the quality of the air...
3
3

need to fill a pipe half full
I'm experimenting with heat pipes. I want to fill a foot of 1/4" copper pipe half full of freon. I don't have any way to recapture the freon, so I can't just over fill it and vent it till it gets to...
1
1

Refrigerant ex[plosion
For those silly enough to think that can use propane as refrigerant in an air conditioning unit. I got an e-Mail in from a friend who said "It was only a 2hp unit about 3kgs of propane". It caused...
4
4

Has anyone solved the evaporator dripping problem?
Indoor unit is about 11 years old. Have been having a major condensate dripping problem from the A-coil fins for about 2 years now. This is NOT A DRAIN problem. I have seen that a number of posts from...
7
7

All: HVAC Traders
Gone on Vacation Cancun, Bahamas and Rio Janeiro to watch a Succor Games = "WOW"

How to install a mini-split unit, Russkie style
prepare to laugh Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]...

AC checkout/tune up $89 a good deal?
In the 15 years that I've owned this house, I've paid not one dime to anyone to perform any service on the (now) 39-year-old furnace or the (I think) 18-year-old A/C unit, and same goes for gas water...
6
6

Carrier 58DHB055-cc
are parts available for the restoration of the Carrier 58DHB055-cc?
1
1

Power Consmption for my split-ac unit
I had a split ac unit installed in my condo a few weeks ago. Since my build ing is older, there was no power outlet outside on our balcony. So the inst allers modified my baseboard to use its power...
4
4