134a discharge pressures

Page 2 of 2

I have a small reader ad, in a couple phone books. Havn't found that the display ads do much difference.
No, not registered with ALOHA, never saw much point.
So far, most of my lock work has been referral companies. I'm not sure how they get the calls, but it's essentially all stores in malls. So, that gets the old brain box working. Like Steve says, simple post cards with a lot of white space. I'll try that one of these days.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I have a couple of the 134 screw on adapters because everybody's after me to fix car AC systems all the time. A guy I do a lot of HVAC work with wanted me to help him with his daughter's Honda AC. The dealer quoted $4,000.00, we repaired it for substantially less money. I had never worked on a Honda AC before and had to look it up on The Web to see how it was put together. The defective expansion valve was behind the glove box so we had to remove half the dash to get to it. A new expansion valve was $13.00, a receiver was less than $30.00, some oil and 134a was another $30.00. I think we beat the dealer price. It took an afternoon but it was worth it to do it right.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Every year there is a Mitchell manual on the exact A/C for every vehicle. Most libraries have it and it is perusable on the library internet. I recommend A local wireless connect lap top with a car computer hookup that can query the cars computer as to status of computer etc. Such a connection to the car is about $100 at:
http://www.scantool.net/products_info.php?cPath=8_6&pro
Also local wireless is about $19.00 for the laptop.
Also the very best way to load a car AC is by weighing it in. You may find that very hard to do with 12 oz cans.
Ouch, four grand is a pile of money. Making your labor rate some couple hundred bucks an hour. Well worth it. I havn't had much request for topping off car AC. The AC on my van pinto doesn't work. I keep thinking some day I'll try and figure out why. Friends have suggested a bad pressure sensor, either high limit or low cut out.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Not talking about a "subcooler", talking about *subcooling* where your looking for the Delta T between LLP converted to temperature, and actual LLT coming from the condenser. Normally for A/C and heat pumps, the Delta T should be between 10 - 14F to insure a solid column of liquid refrigerant to the TXV.
The only time we change gas, is if the unit had R-12, and then we use 416a. The older units are designed for R-12, and the newer units come with R-134 in them. Not doing any conversions.
Never worked on a two stage cooler.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus