Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Are the thicker fiberglass filters safe?
I have a u shaped furnace filter. Just bought a new filter, but it is much thicker than the old and I couldn't get the latch through the material. I managed to get it back in the furnace, but I am...
1
1

Carrier vs Comfortmaker
I've gotten 3 quotes for a new central 5 ton A/C unit here in central Flori da. My last Trane unit lasted 12 years, so I thought why not get another. But 2 companies said they would recommend a...
5
5

Let me reminiscing little about Refrigeration!
Single Stage = one Compressor. Double Stage (Cascade) = two Compressors. Triple Stage (Compound System) = 3 Compressors No this compressors are not individually double stages. Single stage Temperature...

Can I use Oxy / Propane to Braze HVAC with copper-sil
hello I have a torch set and OXY but no acetlene I use propane for cutting with it but was nt sure about sheld gas when doing a line set okay any input would be good Thanks Patrick
4
4

Trane air handler cycling on and off
In South Florida and I have an 11 year old Trane XLI14, air handler model # 4TEE3F49A1000AB. Starting today, the air handler motor kicks on, ramps up to speed, and then after 2 to 15 seconds, shuts...
5
5

Fireplace won't respond to thermostat
I have a Napoleon direct vent fireplace. This season sometimes the fireplace came on in response to thermostat but other times not so I tried two new Honeywell thermostats. Pilot light stays lit. When...
1
1

Is there another filter on an American Standard air handler
I change the return filter regularly. I was in the attic this weekend and noticed for the first time the air handler itself has a slot marked filter. No tech has ever mentioned a filter in the air...
2
2

Wiring Aprilaire model 60 to amana mvc950704
Anyone have wiring diagram for the Aprilaire Model 60 humidistat that's a bit more informative than the included instructions? More specifically, how should it be connected to Amana mvc950704cx?...
1
1

rheem stinky furnish classic 90 plus 120000 btu
I ame at aloss my furnish give of a awful smell all the drains are open the flue is clean, have water on the bottom pan
3
3

Timeout on oil burner
My neighbor tells me he needs a new Honeywell oil burner control unit, and they come in 3 time lengths, 15, 30, and 45 seconds. How do I know which length to buy? I know it doesn't say on the furnace...
9
9

ques regarding anitfreeze in a home heating hot water loop
Hi there. I've asked three of the local Licensed and Insured Professional HVAC companies here and gotten an "err, umm, well.." response from them. Hence my post here to anyone still around. The...
2
2

blowing warm air
My AC is blowing warm air. Can I get some of that freezon stuff from the auto parts store and juice it up good so it blows cold? - . Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus . . .
2
2

Securing gas line outlets
"The outlet fittings or piping shall be securely fastened in place." Line drop from above. When I got no studs nearby, can I fasten to drywall?! With anchors? Need tricks...
4
4

Settings for a humidifier
I need to know what setting to put on my humidifier for a 7000 square-foot house when the temperature outside is 70° and above and also 70 and below what's the percentage so my windows don't sweat?
3
3

Is a refrigerant leak around the Schrader valve "normal"?
Inside heat pump evaporator coils freezing up. Tech came out said unit low on refrigerant and added 1 1/2 pounds. Worked a day and a half started freezing up again. Called same company, same tech came...
10
10