10 ton condenser

i mainly do residentual work but was stuck with installing 10 ton goodman condenser on rooftop 3 phase 240 volt copper was stolen from old unit airhandler has hot water coil with boiler unit does not want to equalize when off and unit is still low on freon when i try to add freon even in gas compressor sounds horrible after unit sits about 20 minutes freon suddenly equalizes and unit will run and sound ok have made a couple adjustments on expansion valve even replaced expansion valve any help would be greatly appreciated

Model numbers would be nice.
I assume you're installing a new condenser on an existing evaporator?

dont have model # at moment but its a 13 seer goodman condenser 3 phase 240 volt r 22 looks just like a standard goodmman residential unit yes coil is existing coil
On May 23, 10:26 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

No pressure readings? No temperature readings?
On 23 May 2007 20:26:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

post a sign on the side of the building that there's a new condenser up there ready for thievin. maybe the thieves will take your problem off your hands....
On 23 May 2007 20:26:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Your best bet would be to call a real technician that knows what he/she is doing. Its very apparent you dont. What do you do for your daily line of work? I know its not this. Bubba

thanks jackass i seemed to make 75,000 last year running my own truck and my calls i guess you have never had a problem call im sure

Then you should realize we need more information.
Do you have a full set of readings?
On 23 May, 22:26, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

thanks to all the smart asses who have never had a problem call i wish one on your next call

Thanks, I like a challenge! :-)

I think you may have gotten a little better response from the group if you had stated your problem better and given some details that could be used to diagnose the problem. Especially M# & S# to start and then some of the actual readings you recorded. Not familiar with Goodman, what type of compressor(s) are we talking about? My advice is that if you are in over your head get a commercial tech to look at it for you. You should be able to get it fixed and learn a few things in the process. I occasionally get a tech assist call on problem units and do not mind showing the tech what I am doing to diagnose and repair it. I still call MFG reps and techs for assistance on some calls... Don't let anything stop you from doing the job right.
Joseph