Zucchini again

It looks like I must have grabbed the wrong seed envelope or something. Where I thought I had zucchini plants now really appear to be...something else :(
Do zucchini plants and flowers look like pumpkin plants and flowers? I swear I have fruits on the "zucchini" that are coming out perfectly round like melons. I have flowers on my pumpkins (except now I cannot be sure they ARE pumpkins) that are big, orange and showy- exactly the same appearance as what I thought were zukes.
Words of advice appreciated!
Chris

Going to post photos sometime this evening, after a trip to the zoo...
Chris
In article

Zucchini blooms do look like pumpkin blooms. There are round varieties of zucchini. Even elongated ones can start out round behind the fading bloom. Pick one and cut it in half. If it's a zucchini, even when small it'll have cream-colored flesh ready to eat. A pumpkin, not.
-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com
On Jul 15, 12:25 pm, snipped-for-privacy@paghat.com (paghat) wrote:

Thanks paghat!
The problem is that I would really hate to chop off a pumpkin that was just getting started. Truth to tell, I never grew them before and I am pretty excited about having a crop.
Anyway, here's a photo of the beast. This is a 4MB file...a smaller one is below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28163063@N08/2672340009 /
Here's the 800k version of the photo listed above:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28163063@N08/2672352335 /
And all the photos are here, with some foliage shots:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28163063@N08/?saved=1
Chris

'Round these here parts, nobody ever locks their houses or cars. The only exception is when you visit Wal Mart in Sept or Oct. If you don't lock up, you will come back to find the back seat full of bags of zucchini.
cheers
oz, who never bothers to plant any and still ends up with too much