Zucchini

My zucchini were growing great, then the stem ends started turning yellow, and look like they're rotting now. Is this some kind of blight? Should I get rid of the plant altogether?
Nanceemo wrote:

Wet the plant for 5-6 seconds then look closely and see if any squash (stink) bugs come crawling up the stalks. They HATE water but it won't keep them away for long. If so then thats the culprit. They and I have a daily battle - still not sure who's winning though.