Zone 9 Sowing Question

I've got some lavender seeds. I'm in zone 9, what is the best time to sow these seeds? I have a nice sunny spot planned for them where I hope they will naturalise and keep coming back. Any help is appreciated.

Shell

Reply to
Shell

Sow lavender in a pot of soil or directly on the ground. They are not the typical seed, as they need full sun and a lot of patience to germinate. I started mine in a pot, then transplanted to individual pots, then transplanted to the garden the following year. They are perennials and stay green all year in zone 7. I have the "true lavender" (from Burpee Seed Co) but there are several varieties. Keep on the dry side in neutral or alkaline soil. I trim mine once or twice a year, each plant is about the size of a basketball or larger.

Reply to
Phisherman

Just about everyone I've met and asked about this plant in Houston says. "Good Luck". Let us know how you come out.

Shell wrote:

Reply to
J Kolenovsky