Zone 5 over winter bulbs

I want some summer blooming bulbs -- non invasive that doesn't have to be dug up for winter.
Used to have some orange lillies that I liked but can't remember the name (they weren't daylillies)
Don't want tulips, etc -- no spring blooming but something or a variety of summer blooming bulbs for zone 5 Indiana. Any suggestions?
Maybe 2 or 3 varieties that would go well together in a single partly sunny area?

Gladiolas?
from what I gather -- not winter hardy? and -- don't really care for them, they're a bit "too much" but thanks
In article

Look into the Asiatic lilies. They come in a variety of heights and colors. They don't bloom all summer, but they make a nice show for a few weeks.
Priscilla
On 17/05/2012 16:57, Priscilla H. Ballou wrote:

Assuming that the area the OP is in does not have a resident population of lily beetle...
If the area does have this nasty pest, I doubt they'll last a few days, let alone weeks!
--

Jeff

Since I am unfamiliar with the lily beetle, I included no information on them.
Priscilla
On 17/05/2012 20:48, Priscilla H. Ballou wrote:

I think you are fortunate enough to not have them in the USA. This will give you an idea of what we have to put up with here in the UK:. http://www.gardenforumhorticulture.co.uk/pestwatch/lily-beetle.htm
--

Jeff

Oh, dear! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this, Jeff. Something has a nibble at one or another of my lilies from time to time, but nothing like what it looks like this bug does.
Good luck.
Priscilla