Yucca plant

Hi, I was recently given a very deformed Yucca. It has two branches coming out of the same side and keeps falling over. The branches have lots of green growth but they're all over the place.
I'd like to keep it and make it more uniform. Can i prune the branches off? Will it sprout new branches? Will removing both branches be such a shock that it will kill the plant?
Alternatively can anyone offer some guidance to straighten the branches?
I was told that if I punctured the side of the trunk, that would most likely cause some shoots - can anyone confirm if this is true?
Please see the link below for a pictu
http://tinyurl.com/n5gv8z
Many thanks in advance for your help
--
tjrundy

http://www.imagebucket.net/bucket/is...g=DSCF2731.JPG = "The requested URL /bucket/is...g=DSCF2731.JPG was not found on this server"
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:08:33 +0100, tjrundy wrote:

Do you like to dig? Can you bury it deeper? Put it deep enough, and sideways a bit so only the branches you have are sticking out of the soil and pointing up?

The link doesn't work.
I am extremely sorry, the link was broken. Here is the link
http://tinyurl.com/nppk6e
Many Thanks, Tom
--
tjrundy