yucca

our yucca plant, has old shoots sticking up in the air. are those old flowers containing any seeds? should i cut off and plant them?
stupid question, i know.........................
readandpostrosie wrote:

No such thing as stupid questions. It's never stupid to reveal your ignorance. It's stupid to hide it. :-)
What zone are you? Here in Canadian 4b, yucca blooms, but won't set seeds. So look for seeds: if your yucca set seeds, they should be viable, but you may have to chill them for a while, and then start them indoors. A surprising number of desert plants need that kind of treatment.
Whyncha google "yucca propagation" and see what you find?
what kind of yucca? My red yucca have tons of seeds in the pods.
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:48:41 GMT, "readandpostrosie"

i don't really know what kind of yucca it is.

What do the flowers look like?
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:37:01 GMT, "readandpostrosie"