you know when you've had too much rain when..........

Ok, lets start a thread here............ Here's mine- "you know when you've had too much rain when: the daylilies at the nursery where you work grow baby daylilies WITH ROOTS just below where the spent blossoms were on top. (I have cut them off and am rooting them successfully, I might add, and they're a patented variety, too <EG>) you just can't mess with Mom's Nature......madgardener

I live in the Puget Sound area of the Pacific Northwest, Mad.....there is no such thing as "too much rain"...... just inadequate drainage ;-)
With lovely green moss growing on her north side, Val
I have cut grass more often this year alone than I think have cut it totally in the last 5 or so years. Even my centipede is growing crazy and overnight......
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:39:37 -0400, "madgardener"

-- Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects. Regards Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever. Remove capital A from chipmAkr for correct email address

The slugs in my flower garden have climbed up on the mini-3-rail-fence-surround to save themselves from drowning! (Not kidding. I found 12 of them. They are no more)
Judy
the daylilies at the nursery

Here in Ohio the toadstools may take over. I have never seen them so big and so numerous.
Marilyn
Your trout lilies swim out to the street
Waterlilies start to grow in your driveway
Emilie