You can tell it's winter when....

.......people argue about nothing.
Please get onto the gardening topics.
Joe Ontario
Yeah, we have this every year. It's so much less argumentative than it has been in the past. This has become a great newsgroup over the years. Many of us have been here for almost a decade. Join in the arguing. I don't think anyone here has fought dirty in some time.
Victoria

Yes it's been great here. 3 years lurking, 5 years posting. Some of my fave friends are from here. Bev, you (V), madgard, dolores, carlotta, I miss a lot of folks, I wonder about theresa mesa, alan, etc.
Love me "Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
On 25 Dec 2003 15:14:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comgarden (NAearthMOM) opined:

Yeah, Theresa. She was from New Mexico, wasn't she? She had some touch emotional scrapes. I wonder too what ever happened to her. Which Alan?

The man who lost his wife...............
Weider or something like that??
Love Caryn "Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
On 26 Dec 2003 23:00:04 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comgarden (NAearthMOM) wrote:

Caryn, that was (is) Alan "Hawk" Widner. Last post to rec.gardens was in January 2001 when he left the newsgroup. He has been (and still is) active on other groups. A search for "Hawk Widner" as author on the Advanced Google newsgroup search archive gives the information. I remember him well!
best wishes Geoff (who's been around a long time here as well)!!
And ya better stick around Geoff!
Love Caryn

"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
On 26 Dec 2003 23:00:04 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comgarden (NAearthMOM) opined:

Oh, yes. I wonder about him, too. He was an artist? I seem to remember he did computer generated art of some sort. He just disappeared.
That was sweet Hawk.............maddie

Another poster who has disappeared in the past year is Iris Cohen. (her profile line was some Talmudic line about a city without trees was cursed, or a city with trees was blessed - something like that).
(NAearthMOM) opined:

Tis the season to be cranky? Must have been out in the traffic around the stores :) Shell

In article snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net says...

I would love to be able to grow some of those poppies just for the flowers. The poppies we get here are wimps in comparison.
BTW: Does anyone know where I can get a California poppy seed mixture? The one site I was going to buy from doesn't carry them anymore.
So do I, I love huge red poppies :)
Don't know where to get a California poppy mix, sorry
Shell
says...

www.reneesgarden.com www.wildseedfarms.com
Emilie
Irrigation water is cold and water from the cold water tap is cool (in Phoenix)

1: This is Dec 24 thus the Japanese cherry blossoms are out along Blanchard and Hillside in Victoria BC.... 2: Dropped by my garden to grab some lettuce and a few onions today.... 3: It rained. This means winter. Awful, really! 4: Stupid lawns are still growing, about an inch per month and that's without any form of fertilizer.
That better? <guffaw> John in Victoria BC Canuckistan zone 8b
On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 05:25:19 GMT, "canuckistani"

But you know, it's a shame you may still have to cut your grass this time of year ; )