Yet Another Strawberry Pot Question

About three weeks ago my wife and I planted our first strawberry pot. We used Miracle Gro potting mix that claims to feed plants for three months. Is this sufficient to fertilize the strawberries, or do I need to use something else? I've got some indoor plant fertilizer spikes. Would those work for the strawberries?

Thanks,

--TWH

Reply to
Tim Howell

If the bag says it will feed the plants for three months, then that's all you should need. Personally, I wouldn't use potting mix with artificially derived nutrients because the plant does uptake those and we ingest them too.

If it were me, I'd just use liquid seaweed as a foliar spray in addition to the Miracle Grow prills in the mix.

Reply to
Jangchub