Yet another lucky bamboo question

I wonder why so many people love this plant as much as others hate it! I like the way it looks. I bought few stems last week at a bargain price. The thing though is it has lot of leaves and doesn't look like a typical lucky bamboo.
Can I plant this in regular potting soil? Has anyone planted it in soil? Any special requirements if I plant it in soil? Does it grow better or worse?
Thanks.
Hi Ted,

In native form, it look like now what you get. The "typical lucky bamboo" are those that stripped like sugarcane by people.

Yes.
We do plant it in pot with soil, and a lot more just go wild outside our fence.

This will depend on original environment the plant you got from. There is always better to develop your own ecotype by propagate and doing selection yourself. This will give you a more helthy plant and in the ways you like, the most important are less maintenace cost and less trouble.
Regards, Wong
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (ted) wrote in

Love: Some other dracaenas have made it on to NASA's top 10 list for removing certain pollutants.
http://www.zone10.com/wsdocs/tech/NASA/fyh.htm
Plus it looks like panda food and everybody likes pandas.