Yellow Leaves

Hi All, I wonder if someone can advise me as to why the leaves on my hibiscus are turning yellow? I thought at first they were getting too much water so we cut back on the watering. Then we thought it might be in need of fertilizer, so I stepped up on the feeding. It is in a location that gets lots of sun and in the past it has done very well. I just don't know what to try next. Thanks for any help. Sandy

Reply to
Road Runner

The leaves usually turn yellow just before they drop off!!!

With spring comes new foliage.

Last year's foliage will be sacrificed by the plant..........with extreme prejudice!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

Cereus has a point; it is natural for older, mature leaves to turn yellow and then fall off. The problem arises when it is new foliage doing this.

Spider mite and scale can also be the cause for yellowed foliage and premature leaf drop.

As can fluctuating temperatures.

Maintain even moisture at the roots, although an occasional drying out does not hurt them (as long as they don't wilt) and don't over-fertilize as too much can result in loss of bloom (but lush foliage).

If insects are the problem, use an insecticidal soap following package directions. As a preventative as well as control, you can also use Bayer 3 in 1 for Roses. Follow package directions to the letter on this one!

Hemma

Reply to
Hemmaholic