yellow flower

ok, I know this is a long shot, but I can't figure out what this certain plant is. it has small flowers on it, yellow, that kind of look like teeny marigolds. with a 'green'?? spot in the center? they are maybe 3/4 in wide . plant is less than 2 feet tall.

( as a kid we called them buttercups, but I have since been told they aren't)

Reply to
*muffin*

Is this it?

not, try looking up marsh marigolds.

-

theoneflasehaddock

Reply to
theoneflasehaddock

nope.

guess I'll add more description. it has very tight SMALL petals in the flowers . it is 'domed' shaped & maybe 1/2 in to 3/4in across

I mentioned marigolds, since they have many many petals & 'kinda' look this (only the marigolds I have seen in pics do not have the shape I am looking for)

I have searched for pics all over the internet of yellow flowers.

*sigh*

Reply to
*muffin*

How about decribing the flower in some detail, including the actual number of flower parts.

Describe the rest of the plant in some detail also.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

this was from memory of seeing it a week ago.

guess it will be a couple months till I see the plant again< & can get a picture> ( but there might not be flowers anymore.)

its tightly small yellow petals , & the flower is in a dome shape

Reply to
*muffin*

Bright yellow dome-shaped flowers with green centers sounds very like some sort of Euphorbia to me, perhaps E. polychroma, aka cushion spurge, which should be in bloom right now.

- gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

thanks for the effort. but that is not the one.

those are not dome shaped flowers, not at all like I am trying to describe. the petals are really tight, like someone poured 'yellow' into the top of a thimble, or something.

( I know, i need to get a picture).

Reply to
*muffin*

"*muffin*" expounded: