Yellow Banana Peppers

Hello:
This year I had gotten a yellow banana pepper plant, which I never had planted before, and was wondering when aer they ripe enough to pick. Currently they are a greenish-yellow (more yellow then green though) and quite long. Is there an appropriate look or length to know when ready?
Thanks for any advice.
Robert

When they pull *easily* off of the plant, they're ready.
steve

Wait until they become firm and don't give easily when squeezed. After that they can remain on the plant for quite a long time and even turn red before being picked. Keeping the peppers picked as soon as they are usable while still greenish-yellow will encourage higher production.
Peppers don't pick easily even when ready to use. I take along clippers to cut the stems when harvesting. Otherwise it's pretty easy to break the plant stem when picking.
John