Yellow Banana Peppers

Hello:

This year I had gotten a yellow banana pepper plant, which I never had planted before, and was wondering when aer they ripe enough to pick. Currently they are a greenish-yellow (more yellow then green though) and quite long. Is there an appropriate look or length to know when ready?

Thanks for any advice.

Robert

Reply to
Flake

When they pull *easily* off of the plant, they're ready.

steve

Reply to
Steve Wolfe

Wait until they become firm and don't give easily when squeezed. After that they can remain on the plant for quite a long time and even turn red before being picked. Keeping the peppers picked as soon as they are usable while still greenish-yellow will encourage higher production.

Peppers don't pick easily even when ready to use. I take along clippers to cut the stems when harvesting. Otherwise it's pretty easy to break the plant stem when picking.

John

Reply to
B & J