Xmas-cactus plant blooming now.

Hello, My plant usually blooms right around Christmas time. Last Xmas it didn't bloom at all. Now in April it is quite a few blossoms starting to grow. I don't get it. The plant is in the same place it has been for years. Gets the same amount of light and darkness. I hasn't needed to be re-potted either. Just curious as why it might do this? Dan.
The gods are messing with your head.

One of my zygocactus has bloomed three times(!) this past winter. They spent the last summer on the deck where they got morning sun and I used fish emulsion. I suspect your cactus got a good dose of bright light at some point that messed up the flowering mechanism.
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:45:41 -0700, Daniel_B wrote:

It's normal, your plant is happy! Mine are blooming too right now.
Enjoy!
The plants usually need a little chill to get blooming. Living in Northern Montana, this usually isn't a problem for me. I just set the plant near a north window or close them up in the spare bedroom with the heat vents closed -- and they always set blossoms. Dont' know where you live, but if your plants experienced a small temperature drop, that may be why they are blooming.
Lisa