WTB Zelkova in D/FW Texas

pardon me for intruding, I am new to this group. Where in my area could I find a nursery selling japanese Zelkova ?
prefer a reply to- alckytxn AT swbell DOT com
tia
Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Try www.nhg.com or www.beorganic.com
If they don't carry it, they may have a distribute who can get it.
On 26 Jul 2004 20:28:38 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@winsystems.com (1 Lucky Texan) opined:

<< Where in my area could I find a nursery selling Japanese Zelkova ? >>
Why do you want a Zelkova? I don't think it would do well as a landscape tree in Texas. You can undoubtedly get one from Dallas Bonsai Gardens. Iris, Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40 "If we see light at the end of the tunnel, It's the light of the oncoming train." Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Iris Cohen) wrote in message

Howdy Iris, I have now resigned myself to just buying an elm. I may just get a Cedar Elm or maybe one of the 'Liberty' or other supposedly DED resistant elms. The purpose is to replace a Silver Leaf maple that we had to remove on the west (front) of the house. I could get something that grows fast and dies after 20 years but I'd really like to plant something for the longterm that will be an asset to both the resale value of the house as well as the neighborhood. Seems like elms make OK 'street trees' and do not have too many negatives. I am plant ignorant and have read a lot of info. It is difficult to find good numbers on growth rates. I wouldn't mind paying a little xtra for a larger tree but of course the financial risk is higher if it croaks in a coupla years. thanx for replying.
Carl 1 Lucky Texan
On 28 Jul 2004 10:14:56 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@winsystems.com (1 Lucky Texan) opined:

While it may not be a native, Chinese pistache or if you can find the native Texas pistache, are both excellent trees which are relatively fast growing. Also, ginkgo biloba is a rather fast growing tree if you water it. If you want wispy shade, desert willow is beautiful and fast growing. You have to shape it into a good form, but it flowers all summer and is wonderful.