Writing Contest: How to Repel Dog Owners

Simple, Felice. You catch 'em, you tie them to the handle of the garage door, you remove their tags, you call the dog catcher......ba da bing. Doggy gone. What's so hard about that?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Let's see. You suggest that Doug has an "anger issue" because he gets upset over thoughtless idiots who think it's OK for their dog to crap wherever it wants?

I think you might have a "sanity issue" - or maybe you're one of those thoughtless idiots. If you have children, do you allow them to be undisciplined brats?

Doug, if you're home when this occurs, turning on the sprinklers as soon as the dog squats might work. And set them so they cover the sidewalk as well :-).

I do agree that it's not the dogs fault, but the law frowns on shooting the owner. Ah for the days of the 12 gauge loaded wih rock salt. BTW, I've been on both ends of that :-).

Oh yes, the sign: "Doggie-doo is a big fat DON'T!"

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

There's a sign near me that shows a squatting dog with a red circle and line over it (no dog poop). Here's a link that shows it as well as others

jim

Jeez, Doug, that's downright humane. It's not at all how I thought you'd deal with them :)

Felice

Reply to
Felice Friese

You've got me pegged well, Felice! If I lived out in the sticks where I knew a bullet wouldn't hurt people, I'd do what NY state law allows and assassinate the dogs. :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

That's really nasty!

Reply to
Sheila

Felice,

When he removes that dog's tag, and calls the dog catcher, the owner probably won't be notified. If not adopted, the dog will probably be put to sleep.

Reply to
Sheila

Why is it nasty? I didn't say "hang the dog from the garage door handle". I said "tie them", no differently than the owner might tie the dog to one of those wire runs in the backyard. You think I should invite the dog in for a cocktail while we wait for the animal control truck to arrive?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

The "remove the tags" part is nasty, and probably illegal.

Tie the dog up and call the dog catcher; the owner will be fined after the first offense.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

If a dog owner lets its animal roam, the owner CLEARLY intended for the animal to annoy other people. There's no reason to show consideration for the owner, who, 99% of the time, will repeat the crime again.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

If someone lets their dog roam, it's due to complete lack of consideration for the neighbors. The fines are minimal, and most dog owners are happy to pay them in return for not having to walk the dog because they were too busy watching Simpsons re-runs. That's not fair. The dog should be removed, which solves the problem permanently.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Read my last post, it's because you removed that dog's tag and the owner probably will not be found which means the dog most likely will be put to sleep. It would be fine if you didn't remove the tag. It's not the animal's fault. '

Reply to
Sheila

Your dog could WOK here

Reply to
Lisa

If the owner cared enough, they would contact animal control and the pound to claim their property. There are many dogs shot by farmers who need to protect their livestock. Feral cats are annoying too, but not as much as a dog pack. Coyotes are becoming more popular in our town, and they are stalking dogs contained within a private fence.

Reply to
Phisherman

I grew up on a farm and know about neighbor's dogs. Dad would tie tin cans to the tail of a neighbors dog and send it on it's way. Then he would call the owner to let him know his dog was on the way home. Dogs were not really much of a problem.

Reply to
Sheila

Coyotes would be a real problem.

Reply to
Sheila

Fault is not the issue. The only thing that's important is the physical reality of the situation. If the owner pays $25.00 and gets their dog back, it will be out roaming again immediately. Over 20 years of living near dog owners, I've found this to be true 99% of the time. Paying a fine doesn't make a bad owner into a good one.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Oohh......I think we have a winner! :-)

Place beer mug on CD-ROM drawer.

Press:

CTRL-ALT-B for Bud CTRL-ALT-M for Molson Golden CTRL-ALT-H for Heinken CTRL-LeftShift-ALT-Spacebar-F8-RightArrow-^%-LeftArrow-L for whatever light beer is available at the moment.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

All my life I have lived near dog owners and never have I ever been inclined to have one killed because it was an inconvience to me.

Reply to
Sheila

Isn't it a great country when two people have have different viewpoints? I might add also that this is why lawyers spend so much time interviewing jurors before a trial, to make sure they get the mix they want.

Reply to
Doug Kanter