WOW PLUS

Getting ready, if the weather cooperates, to fertilize my lawn this week-end.

I will be using WOW PLUS.

Would like to hear form anyone who has used this fertilizer.

Were the results any where near as spectacular as advertised?

Thanks,

Shepherd

Reply to
Shepherd

Depending on where you live, it may be too late to put down the active ingredient in Wow, which is corn gluten meal. It prevents seeds from fully germinating, serving as a natural weed and feed. It will not kill existing weeds, but their seeds.

I don't know what the "plus" in it is, but corn gluten meal itself has a high nitrogen at 10%. If you bought it from Gardens Alive, you paid too much. They sell it now in Lowes and Home Depot stores in most locations.

Here is the research:

click >

Reply to
animaux

I live in north central Texas (South Arlington.)

Just checked and found I have enough of the organic fertilizer I used on my lawn last spring for this fall.

Will probably use WOW PLUS next spring.

I shop at Lowes in Arlington and have never seen WOW or WOW PLUS there. Will look closer next time.

I agree the price from Garden Alive does seem to be excessive, but the price for most things seem excessive to me these days.

By the way, in the advertisements I've seen for WOW PLUS, they state it stops seeds from sprouting and kills many broad leaf plants that have just started to sprout. (Not true?)

Thanks,

Shepherd

Shepherd

Reply to
Shepherd

If it kills broadleaf weeds, I wouldn't use it. The stuff they sell at Lowes is not called Wow. It's in a yellow bag, about 40 pounds, and it may be a product put out by Concern. It's basically corn gluten meal.

There is only one section in Lowes which has an entire arsenal of natural pesticides, including the pre-emergent which contains the corn gluten meal. It is too late for winter weeds up in Dallas. I mean, you can try it. I used to have a lot of henbit and chickweed up there, but I loved both of those plants.

I hate to refer anyone to

any more (don't ask) but the basic information on how to use it and when is probably somewhere on that site. There is not a large window spring or fall for the application of corn gluten meal.

animaux

In article , snipped-for-privacy@iosuefhk.net says... :) I hate to refer anyone to

any more (don't ask) but the basic :) information on how to use it and when is probab :) And your a better person for it too...tip of the hat to ya.

Reply to
Lar