World Bank Topics: Food Crisis [pdf]

  1. World Bank Topics: Food Crisis [pdf]

As concerns grow over the emerging food crisis across the globe, the WorldBank has decided to create this page to inform the general public about their coordinated efforts to combat this growing problem. In brief, the World Bank's "New Deal" on global food policy includes creating safety nets such as school feeding, food for work, and conditional cash transfers. Additional elements of this policy include doubling agricultural lending to Africa over the coming year and also providing immediate aid to the country of Haiti to feed poor children and other vulnerable groups. First-time visitors should look first at the "Understanding the Crisis" section which provides brief synopses of the situation in different parts of the world, including Africa and Asia. On the right-hand side of the page, visitors can look through the "Behind the News" updates and even donate online to the World Food Program. Finally, the site also contains a calendar of events and links to papers from the World Bank on related topics. [KMG]

From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2008.

Bill

henchmen, the World Trade Organization and the International Monetary Fund. Under structural readjustments, nations, as a prerequisite for a loan must slash social spending (schools, health care, ect.), open markets to international corporations, agree to sell off state assets, banks, telecommunications, water, ect.), and direct farming to export markets (not produce for local consumption). A quarter of the export earning are to go to debt repayment. This is astounding as Germany after WWII, only had to pay 3.5%. In 2002, if Mozambique would have been able to use half of their debt repayment (25% of export earnings), 100,000 children per year would not have died. And people wonder why the WTC was attacked twice.

Reply to
Billy

Fundamentally racism at it¹s finest . Wonder if anyone will understand this in our local school system?

Thanks Billy for the small amount of words that cuts to the chase !

Bill and it is 56 F here and a dew point of 54 who believes the more we grow the more we can export.

Reply to
Bill

Bill, I think you dropped something. Sheesh, as the "Big Guy" would say, when he's not out trying to rebuild Eden.

---> Bush_Doctrine + Project for the New American Century = American Fascism --> World pain + $$$$ (see: Halliburton)

Reply to
Billy