wood fence and evergreen flowering vine?

I have a wood fence surrounding my house and would like to plant an evergreen vine that will cover it. I would prefer something that flowers. The fence is a tight picket privacy type, 6 foot tall and the spacing between the boards is about 1/16 inch. I live in zone 7, maryland. What would grow to cover it in about 2 to 3 years maximum, without damaging the fence?
its not a shared fence per se, i own it and it is 1 to 2 feet whithin my property line. I don't want to inflict "creep" onto thier property, is there a way to stop vines from spreading across the ground?