wood ashes on peony

I heard that wood ashes can be used as a fertilizer on peonies. Has anyone tried this? My neighbors tree drops small sticks into my yard every time the wind blows so I bought one of those yard chimneys and I burn the sticks in that. Can I use those ashes on my peonies?

Karl

Reply to
Karl P Anderson

Bill

Small amounts would be beneficial and keep an eye on your pH.

Reply to
Phisherman