Wisteria seed pod

Just noticed a seed pod about 6 inches long hanging off my Wisteria.
I can send a picture if required; just wondered if this is "normal". Hadn't previously observed it during the vine's approx 6-year life.
Thanks for any info.
Persephone
Persephone wrote:

http://www.mastergardeners.org/publications/wisteria/wisteriaSeedPods.html

VERY interesting. Thank you so much!
Persephone
On 2006-06-25 20:13:43 -0400, Persephone said:

They are normal and be warned, when ripe they literally explode sending the seeds everywhere!