wintering over a miniature rose

Howdy,
I have a miniature rose that I was able to keep alive in a large pot on my front step all summer. It's the first one in 8 years that hasn't died on me. It's currently about 2 feet high and still blooming despite the chill air here in Missouri.
How can I keep this plant alive through the winter? I'm afraid it won't survive on the front porch, and I know it won't survive indoors. Can I put it in the garage once it drops all its leaves?
Dawn
You could keep it in an unheated garage, or plant it in the ground - miniature roses are on their own roots and perfectly hardy at least to the colder parts of zone 5 if not into 4.