Winter tomatos

I started some Roma tomatos in Autumn in my (unheated) polytunnel. Here in NZ we get frosts & cool temperatures through winter, nothing tomatos outdoors like. The first fruit is now fully grown so I harvested it & placed them in paper bags along with a ripening pear. Result is nearly mature fruit ready to use when I want. If you can get the plants growing through autumn & winter then ripening them in paper bags with fruit is a decent way to get tomatos through winter.
rob