Wind Chimes

Page 3 of 3
Those would be Woodstock windchimes. AWESOME windchimes that are a bit expensive but of superior quality. I found mine at BookaMillion bookstore but sure you might find them online if you try a link <g> madgardener who has about NINE of them in various varieties and tones up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler where the fairies appreciate their music, overlooking English Mountain in Eastern TEnnessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36

madgardener wrote:

bookstore
up on

music,
36
I used to hate windchimes -- until my late wife introduced me to JW Stannard windchimes.
I still can't stand those cheap things that sound like glass shards falling on concrete. They still annoy the crap out of me. But I now have three different sets of JW Stannard chimes. My favorite are the 72" ones that sound like church bells in the distance.
I've heard Woodstock chimes as well. They're also very nice. If you can't find JW Stannard, Woodstock makes nice ones, too. I have a Feng Shui set that's pretty nice.
And unlike those cheap pieces of crap that pierce the air with their dissonance, the JW Stannard and Woodstock windchimes have soft tones that don't carry as far. Of course part of that is because there is no dissonance, which because of the annoyance factor is noticed more.
I wonder how many others that think they hate windchimes have never actually heard a decent set, and only have experienced the cheap, crappy ones.
By the way, Amazon has some Woodstock windchimes in their outdoor decor department.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)">Woodstock
--
Warren H.

==========
Thanks to everyone who answered. There are windchimes and then there are windchimes. Some do jangle the nerves.
However, I live about 1000 feet from my nearest neighbor and I doubt if a truly melodious chime will bother them.
If it does my neighbor will no doubt set up a pig sty on the windward side of me as he frequently threatens.

This site has some nice chimes. Our local nursery had some for sale at Christmas time that were from this company and they sounded very nice. I still prefer my bamboo chimes though. http://www.musicofspheres.com /
Mary
Why not a "Mono chime" just the one pipe and nothing else for those that like a quiet garden.
Wonder if anyone has tried an Aeolian harp in the garden?
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

On some gardening show, I saw a curious set of windchimes designed to have the clanging bits stuffed in an opening in the top of the mobile arrangement, so that they wouldn't be left to knock together day & night, but would only be dangled for special occasions at reasonable hours. I still wouldn't want such crap in my yard, but at least someone was THINKing about the negatives in developing that design.
-paghat the ratgirl
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) writes:

wouldn't that be a wind thunk?
--